Free, confidential, available 24/7
Agency Values and Goals
To provide advocacy, parenting time services and emergency shelter for victims of domestic and sexual violence.
Eliminate the oppression that exists in the community by providing education, victim advocacy, parenting time services, systems intervention and agency collaboration.
Those We Serve
Safe Avenues provides domestic and sexual violence victim advocacy to 7 primary counties in Southwestern Minnesota. We provide emergency shelter for a larger 18 county area covering the lower Southwestern corner of Minnesota. In addition, we provide safe parenting time services for families in need.
Core Value Statements
We live our values and mission in our actions and words. We are honest and just in the things we say and do.
We treat everyone with dignity and courtesy. We honor and value the beliefs, cultures, traditions and skills of others.
We commit to act in the best interest of those we serve.
We are dedicated to creating a safe, caring and healing environment.
We will provide consistent and efficient services with compassion and expertise.
- To provide consistent, relevant and unduplicated services throughout our service area.
- To provide services that meet the self-identified needs of victims of domestic and sexual violence.
- To provide quality parenting time services in a safe and caring environment at Harmony Visitation Center.
- To invest in the Safe Avenues staff and board of directors by using best practices to provide quality training and education.
- To continue to build and nurture quality staff
- To develop a volunteer program that utilizes the strengths within our communities.
- To collaborate with community and systems professionals to strengthen relationships and provide consistent services for victims.
- To expand awareness of our vision through a coordinated and consistent message.
- To seek stable funding and explore alternative options for future funding.