Free, confidential, available 24/7
Grand Opening for Office in Meeker County
We have opened our new outreach office in Meeker County! The office is located in the Meeker County Social Services building located (114 Holcombe Ave. N., Suite 110, Litchfield, MN). Safe Avenues' Victim Advocates are professionals trained to support victims of domestic and sexual violence. Our advocates offer victims:
- Information, emotional support, help finding resources, help filling out paperwork and emotional support during court proceedings. We also contact organizations, such as criminal justice or social service agencies, to get help or information for victims.
- Safe Avenues operates a 24 hour crisis hotline, offers support groups, and provides in-person counseling.
- As an advocate, I offer victims information about the different options available to them and support the victims' decision-making.
Safe Avenues’ advocates are committed to maintaining the highest possible levels of confidentiality in communications with victims and on behalf of victims.
A description and brief list of the services Safe Avenues offers:
- Provide information on victimization, victims legal rights and protections
- Helping victims with the criminal justice process
- Providing emotional support and safety planning.
- Assisting victims with victim compensation applications
- Notifying victims of inmates release, transfer or escape
- Assisting victims with submitting comments to courts and parole boards
- Helping victims find shelter and transportation
- Assisting victims with housing, intervention with landlords and employers due to domestic violence issues
- Providing referrals to other community services that victims may need or seek
Clients have stated that the new office space is warm and welcoming. There is an area for children to play while the client works with the advocate.
“After moving here to take my children and myself out of a very dangerous situation, we were relieved to have the services of Safe Avenues in the community. They have helped me and my family to start the path of our new life. Their unquestionable support and resources have helped us transition to a life of safety. Without Safe Avenues I am not sure of where we would have turned to. Thank you!” ~a survivor
To contact the advocate in Meeker County call 320.593.0876
«Return to Main News Page